- General Information
- 1. Data Controller
- 2. Data Protection Officer
- 3. Purpose of data processing
- 4. Legal basis of the processing
- 5. How we collect your data
- 6. Where your data are stored
- 7. Your rights
- 8. Recipients of your data and transfers
- 9. Lodging a complaint with the Data Protection Authority
4. Legal basis of the processing
The legal basis of the processing of your personal data by ELSTAT varies and depends on the type and purpose of the processing.
In general, the lawfulness of the processing (pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR) is based either on the obligation to comply with a legal obligation to which ELSTAT is subject (paragraph 1(c)) or on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority (paragraph 1(e)). In some cases, the legal basis concerns the performance of a contract (paragraph 1(b)), while in a few cases it is based on data subject’s consent (paragraph 1 (a)). In particular, as regards the latter, this applies only to cases involving future communication with you, with a view to informing you about the planned actions of ELSTAT and you have the right to withdraw your consent already given, at any time you wish.
Specific information on the applicable legal basis, by specific case, will always be provided as part of the information on your personal data accompanying each processing operation.