- Legal Framework
- European Statistics Code of Practice
- Quality Asurance Framework for the ESS
- ELSS Agencies
- ELSS Coordination Committee
- ELSS Advisory Committee
- Good Practice Advisory Committee (GPAC)
- Memorandum of Cooperation
- Certification of ELSS statistics
- Peer Review
- Peer Review - 3rd round
- Hellenic Statistical Program
Their objective is to enhance the integrity, independence and accountability of the statistical authorities which make up the ESS. A first round of peer reviews was carried out in 2006-2008. A second round was launched in December 2013. In both rounds participated all the EU Member States and the EFTA Member States Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
The basic differences of the 2nd round of peer reviews in relation to the 1st one are the following:
- All the CoP principles were covered;
- Issues regarding the coordination in the national statistical systems and the cooperation and integration in the ESS were covered;
- Apart from the National Statistical Institutes, other national Authorities (up to 3) participated also;
- The audit like approach was applied.
The peer review of the 2nd round in Greece took place during 17 – 21 November 2014 by a team of reviewers of the ESS. Apart from ELSTAT, three Other National Authorities, namely the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Welfare, the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change and the Ministry of Finance, participated in the peer review.
3rd round of peer reviews
The 3rd round of peer reviews is scheduled to take place during the period 2021-2023 in all EU Member States and the European Free Trade Association countries as well as Eurostat and will cover all 16 principles of the CoP.
The methodology to be applied and the documents to be used for the 3rd round of peer reviews have been approved by the European Statistical System Committee. More information is available at the following link : https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/quality/peer-reviews