- European Statistical System (ESS)
- European Master in Official Statistics (EMOS)
- ESS Vision 2020
- ESS Governance bodies
- Europe 2020 Indicators
- Urban audit
- Eurostat's Reports and Press Releases
- Cooperation with international organisations
- Sustainable Development Indicators
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- European Statistics Day
- World Statistics Day
- European Big Data Hackathon
- IMF - SDDS
- United Nations Statistical Commission (UN STATCOM)
Results of the 2021 call for application/ Information on awarding EMOS label to Master Programme “Applied Statistics” of the Department of Statistics of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB)
On the 25th of May 2022, the European Statistical System Committee (ESSC) unanimously approved the proposed list of the Master programmes which were evaluated by the EMOS Board and therefore received EMOS certification.
The Master programme in "Applied Statistics" of the Department of Statistics of the Athens University of Economics and Business is the second Greek Master programme that manages to enter the selected pan-European team of Master programmes with the prestigious Eurostat "EMOS label” (European Master in Official Statistics).
The EMOS label certification will be valid for five (5) years, from the spring of 2022 until the end of spring of 2027 (Academic year) and is recognized by all national Statistical Institutes (NSIs) in the EU, the Central Banks of the Member States and by many European and national bodies.
In order to obtain the EMOS labelled certification, the graduates of the Master in Applied Statistics of the Department of Statistics of AUEB, are required to:
A. Have successfully passed ALL the courses of the following list:
- Applied Probability – Estimation (5 ECTS)
- Hypothesis Testing – Linear Models (5 ECTS)
- Statistical Applications using R (5 ECTS)
- Demography (5 ECTS)
- Generalized Linear Models (5 ECTS)
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting using R (5 ECTS)
- Computational Statistics using R (5 ECTS)
- Statistical Learning (5 ECTS)
- Sampling (5 ECTS)
- Big Data Statistics (5 ECTS)
- Official Statistics and Index Numbers Methodology (5 ECTS)
- Topics in Official Statistics: Demography, National Accounts and Survey Data Analysis (5 ECTS)
B. Have completed a 6-week internship at ELSTAT.
C. The master's thesis has to focus on Official Statistics.
For more information on the Msc: https://aueb-analytics.wixsite.com/dd-aueb-stats/emos