Good Practice Advisory Committee
The Good Practice Advisory consists of five members, as follows:
- One member nominated by the Hellenic Parliament,
- One member nominated by the European Statistical Office (Eurostat),
- One member nominated by the European Statistical Governance Advisory Board (ESGAB),
- One member nominated by the European Statistical System Committee (ESSC) and
- One member nominated by the Personal Data Protection Authority.
The task of this committee is solely to prepare an annual report, advisory in nature, on the implementation of principles 1 to 6 (institutional environment) of the European Statistics Code of Practice (CoP) in the Hellenic Statistical System. The committee submits its report to the Hellenic Parliament having informed the European Statistical Governance Advisory Board (ESGAB) accordingly.
The members of the committee are selected from among experts with exceptional skills and national and/or international experience in matters relating to the CoP and are appointed for a two-year term of office by decision of the Minister of Finance.
The chairman of the committee is appointed following a ballot taken by its members. The President of ELSTAT participates in the work of the committee as well as in its meetings without vote.